Founded in 1937, by J.E. Newton Sr., Newton Machine Company began operations in a “backyard” building of barely 500 square feet with little more in the way of machinery than a lathe, drill press, and shaper that were driven from an overhead line shaft. The line shaft was, in turn, powered by a single cylinder “hit & miss” gasoline engine. Upon returning from the U.S. Army in 1954, James “Emerson” Newton Jr. joined the company. It was Emerson’s dedication and vision toward the future that brought the company from those humble beginnings to the current site of our 35,000 square foot “Industrial Machinery Repair Center”. Today, Jim and Bill Newton, Emerson’s sons, oversee the daily operations of the business. Located in Charlotte, North Carolina, since our inception, the facility rests on over four acres of land. The main facility, which has 20 tons of overhead crane capacity, is joined by a 65 foot indoor tower. This tower is utilized for the assembly, disassembly and testing of vertical equipment and also has 20 tons of crane capacity. Through the best and worst of economic times, Newton Machine Company has survived exclusively due to our commitment to quality, value, service and most importantly, our customer’s best interests.